Wednesday 27 July 2011

The Merlin: 168 Morningside Road, Edinburgh


I was expecting to like this bar when I visited with a friend. I had been there for a pub quiz before and quite enjoyed it but sadly on my recent visit it had changed. The management seemed to have decided that the way to bring in the punters was to go down market (i.e. jakie) and provide zero service. Normally I like downmarket, and I was able to get a pint of Guinness for £2.50. However, the pint was terrible and trying to obtain food required the wizardry powers of Merlin (maybe hence the name?)! Food was advertised, but apparently there had been a problem in the kitchen so they weren’t serving food. The barmaid seemed like she couldn’t care less about the situation (or our drinks order) which is probably because she couldn’t!
Overall, a bar that’s not worth going to even for the cheap drink! You can get cheap drink in the likes of the Standing Order or the Alexander Graham Bell. I wouldn’t even go to this pub if I lived in Morningside!

More disapointing than this dodgy tv series of Merlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment