Sunday 10 July 2011

Element: 110–114 Rose Street, Edinburgh

If you’re heading down Rose Street and fancy somewhere that isn’t a wooden ‘old man’ bar (as so many of the bars on Rose Street are), then you’ll be in your element in Element!
I had actually avoided this trendy bar for some time, as from outside it looked like a hairdressing salon. Once I gave Element a try though it actually won me over. It’s lively, has comfy leather couches and random furniture including a flat screen TV that looks like a mirror.
Most importantly, this bar has a good selection of beer.  Last time I was there I had a beer which tasted like a German Weißbier, but is actually made in Glasgow. Worth a visit.

However this bar can be hit or miss. If you sit at one of the long tables through the back it can kill conversation and some of the beers will put a dent in your wallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment