Tuesday 17 April 2012

The Abbotsford: 3-5 Rose Street, Edinburgh



I enjoyed my recent visit to this traditional pub. It has an impressive interior with an 'island bar' (a bar in the centre of the pub) which provides a good focal point to the pub and a good pint. The bar also has a good selection of whisky, and if you are a tourist they even give you a menu explaining all the whisky they serve.

Upstairs is the restaurant area which is small and relaxed, offering good hearty, homemade style food. I ate there with a mate at New Year and we were served by two attractive waitresses. When the steak pie I had ordered arrived though it was cold. This lead my mate to comment ‘waitresses hot, the food not!’  However as soon as I complained, the meal was immediately replaced with a hot one.

Apart from the initial cold pie the service was fine, and the now hot pie tasted good.

Put the pie back in the oven!

1 comment:

  1. The waitresses were indeed attractive and friendly and one of them was a Kiwi! (from Lumsden, so if you visit the Abbotsford please be nice to her!)

    ReplyDelete