Sunday 18 March 2012

Teuchters: 26 William Street, Edinburgh



This is a nice bar and I’ve enjoyed it when I’ve been to the bar when it’s quiet. The bar has a great selection of whisky, some real ales and a nice relaxed atmosphere. In winter a log fire adds a bit of warmth.

However, the last couple of times I’ve been to Teuchters was during 6 Nations Rugby weekends. One occasion was a Friday night where there was only a club game on and the 6 Nations match wasn’t until the next day. The bar was packed so full though you could hardly even move. The second occasion was to watch a game that wasn’t even being played in Edinburgh, so I thought it might be a bit quieter, but again the bar ridiculously full. The bar has many stone pillars which obscure the view of their TVs. This means when the bar is packed you often can’t even see the TV.

This bar is a great place to go off peak but I wouldn’t watch another rugby game there. I would advise you to avoid it particularly during rugby internationals weekends and perhaps other sporting events.

Avoid during the rugby!

No comments:

Post a Comment