Friday 7 October 2011

Belushi's: 13 Market Street, Edinburgh


This is a backpacker bar attached to a hostel. If you go through to the hostel bar (to your right of the main bar) you can get more for less if you pretend you’re staying at the hostel. I only found this out after I’d blabbed to the Aussie barmaid I was from Edinburgh at which point she informed me that she would have to charge me the full fair for the drinks I’d ordered. Clearly they operate an Edinburgh resident tax. How rude! As a small consolation they do have a beer garden which was quite pleasant to sit in as it happened to be a freakishly hot night on the occasion I drank in Belushi's, but let’s face it, most evenings in Scotland you’re not going to want to sit in a beer garden.
To sum up probably a good pub if you’re a backpacker, but if you are a local there are cheaper and better bars!
These randoms are clearly overjoyed because they got the cheap booze deal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment