Friday 31 August 2012

Roxys: 23 Queen Street, Blackpool





I should point out that this review may not be entirely representative of the bar as my mates and I didn’t rock up to this bar until after 1am on a Sunday morning. I found this bar a bit more chilled out than some of the other Blackpool bars, although it could have been due to the time. It’s quite a big bar with several levels; so there was plenty of space to sit down, space to do a few comedy dance moves if you wished, and an outdoor balcony to get some fresh air.

I stuck to bottled beer, of which there was a reasonable selection, though later on the boys got on the Jäger train for a couple of stops.

This must be a popular tourist bar as we met a couple of drunken girls from Paisley. Along with being a tourist bar I wondered if they did weddings, as there was lots of what looked like confetti all over the floor when we walked in. Possibly due to another stag/hen night (for which Blackpool like Edinburgh seems popular)?

After researching this bar I believe there are drag acts on so I guess the boys were lucky we went late and missed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment