Monday 15 August 2011

The Southsider: 3/5/7 West Richmond Street, Edinburgh


This bar grew on me during the time I was there on Saturday. There’s nothing particularly unique about it at first glance. It’s the sort of average cheap and cheerful pub that you could find anywhere in the UK. However, in some ways this is exactly what makes it unique in Edinburgh city centre. I got two drinks for around £6 and enjoyed my pint of Best. No doubt it is the cheap prices that attract the regular student element. There wasn’t any live music on the night I was there, but I have seen bands play here previously. They also seem to show a lot of live sport.
All in all, a good place to go for a cheap pint and catch up with your mates in the city centre.
The graph doesn't lie, students like a drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment