Tuesday 28 June 2011

The Playfair: Omni Centre, Greenside Row, Edinburgh


This bar is an unhappy marriage between Lloyds and Wetherspoons. It’s in the Omni centre, and can be quite nice when you can sit outside. Inside spot the radge contingent on a Friday night getting pissed up before their trip to Mood nightclub next door. 
I was expecting it to be cheap however it was actually quite expensive for a Wetherspoons. For a meal I had a burger deal for £5.99, but I wouldn’t recommend it.  It sounded good until I realised the beer part of this combination was more expensive than the burger. When the burger came it was tiny and tasted disgusting.  I’d steer clear of it!
This bar is named after William Henry Playfair. He created some of Edinburgh’s finest architecture, but the bar of his name is not so fine!
Is this bar really a fitting tribute to the man who gave us such architecture?

No comments:

Post a Comment