Tuesday 31 May 2011

El Barrio: 119 Rose Street, Edinburgh



Sadly now Closed!

I used to like this club but now it just makes me furious!  Prior to the new management, it was free to get in, and the drinks, while not cheap, were reasonable. However these days it cost £5 to get in, regardless of what time you arrive, and the drinks prices have been whacked up to almost £4 a drink.   Their drink selection is horrendous, unless you like ridiculous cocktails, therefore I don’t know how they justify the entry fee. There used to be a girl going round with a bottle of spirits selling shots to random punters on the dance floor – gone, there also used to be a fireman’s pole – gone. I’m not saying I liked the fireman’s pole or ever danced round it, nor did I ever really buy shots from the said girl. All I’m saying is the new management have removed services/items and are now charging more. That seems a bit of a rip off! Let me tell you about my trip to the toilet which illustrates the rip off nature of this club. I washed my hands and tried to use the drier which it turns out wasn’t working. So the guy minding the toilets (and charging money for a spray of deodorant) gives me a paper tissue which looks no more than a bit of toilet roll and doesn’t fully dry my hands. Then he asks me for money for the tissue! Sheer rudeness!  I wanted to use the hand drier and instead had to make do with a bit of toilet tissue, and the toilet minder expects money!  I refused to give him money and suggested he got the drier fixed!
No Dyson airblades in this club!

No comments:

Post a Comment